The Federation of Uganda Football Associations (FUFA) has fined Mbale Heroes Football Club Shs. 500.000 and slapped a ban on two of their players Joel Ayella and Brian Olega for 2 successive matches.
In the ruling released by the FUFA Competitions panel; decision: CDP No-19 of 2021, the case regards misconduct after pitch invasion when Mbale Heroes hosted West Nile’s Arua Hill at the Mbale Municipal Stadium during a second division match (FUFA Big League) on 15th April 2021.
FUFA Competitions Disciplinary Panel suspends Ayella Joel and Olega Brian for the next two Star Times FUFA Big League competition matches effective immediately as of 21st April 2021. The CDP also cautions Karenzi Jamaldine against acts of misconduct. A fine of Shs 500,000 to be paid into the FUFA account and proof of the same to be availed to the panel.FUFA Competitions Disciplinary Panel Ruling
The disciplinary proceedings were opened against Mbale Heroes stating that on the aforementioned match; three Mbale Heroes players shirt no. 17 (Karenzi Jamaldine), shirt no. 11 (Brian Olega) and shirt no. 15 (Joel Ayella) during the 73rd minute incited violence by inciting fans to enter the field of play.
This prompted suspension of the match for about 10 minutes. During the chaos, Olega entered the field of play and tried to fight and or strike team officials of Arua Hill.
The match officials were denied access to the dressing rooms so they dressed from the field of play. It is further stated there was stadium invasion by fans during the match and fans in the stadium were seen not wearing face masks, all of which is contrary to the FUFA Competitions rules.
The affected players will miss the matches against Blacks Power and rivals Kataka on Thursday, 22nd April 2021 and Sunday, 25th April 2021 respectively.
The FUFA Competitions Disciplinary panel chairperson is Deo Mutabazi.
Three clubs will be promoted to the 2021-22 Uganda Premier League.
Of these three, two earn direct berths from each of the groups (Rwenzori and Elgon).
The third club is determined via a promotional play-off.
For the first time since the FUFA Big League inception, a game on every match day is televised live.
FUFA Big League 2021 (Match Day 6):
Wednesday, April 21, 2021:
- Kataka Vs Maroons – Mbale Municipal Stadium, Mbale city (4 PM)
Thursday, April 22, 2021:
- Terrazo and Tiles Vs Kigezi Home Boyz – Kakyeka Stadium, Mbarara city (4 PM)
- Luwero United Vs Tooro United – Kosovo ground, Kasaana – Luwero (4 PM)
- Proline Vs Ndejje University – MTN Omondi Stadium, Lugogo – Kampala City (4 PM)
- Arua Hill Vs Gaddafi – Barifa Stadium, Arua City (4 PM)
- Calvary Vs Paidha Black Angels – Aba Bet Green Light stadium, Arua City (4 PM)
- Mbale Heroes Vs Blacks Power – Mbale Municipal Stadium, Mbale City (4 PM)
Friday, April 23, 2021:
- Nyamityobora Vs Water – Kakyeka Stadium, Mbarara City (4 PM)
All Match Day 5 Results:
- Maroons 0-1 Mbale Heroes
- Paidha Black Angels 0-1 Gaddafi
- Blacks Power 0-1 Kataka
- Arua Hill 1-0 Calvary
- Tooro United 3-1 Ndejje University
- Water 2-1 Terrazo and Tiles
- Kigezi Home Boyz 2-1 Nyamityobora
- Proline 1-0 Luwero United