- Rugby Africa Women’s Cup Pool C – Kampala, Uganda
- Sunday, July 18, 2021 – 1 p.m.: Uganda vs Zimbabwe
Leonard Lubambula has made only one change to his Uganda Lady Rugby Cranes squad for the second test against Zimbabwe Women Sables.
Teddy Iwutung, who saw yellow in the first test on Wednesday as a second-half substitute, starts at the second row in Sarah Kirabo’s place.
The rest of the team remains unchanged with the midfield being commanded by brace try-scorers Peace Lekuru and Emilly Lekuru.
The Lady Rugby Cranes made easy work of the Women Sables in the first test on Wednesday, running in seven unanswered tries to win 41-00. They will be looking to replicate that performance to conclude their first competitive tournament in the post-COVID era.
Zimbabwe’s squad to deny them the clean sweep has been named with captain Constance Netsai Ngwende switching to scrumhalf.
The match will be played at Kyadondo Rugby Club behind closed doors and will be broadcast LIVE on Kawowo Sports YouTube channel.
Uganda Lady Rugby Cranes squad (debutants*):
- Forwards: 1 Patricia Anek, 2 Yvonne Najjuma, 3 Faith Namugga, 4 Winnie Atyang, 5 Teddy Iwutung, 6 Angella Nanyonjo, 7 Mary Gloria Ayot, 8 Lydia Namabiro.
- Backs: 9 Julie Nandawula, 10 Charlotte Mudoola, 11 Agnes Nakuya, 12 Peace Lekuru (captain), 13 Emilly Lekuru, 14 Grace Auma, 15 Samiya Ayikoru.
- Reserves: 16 Fazila Namukwaya, 17 Peace Mirembe, 18 Lyton Nakabugo, 19 Zauma Nashuha*, 20 Maimuna Nassozi, 21 Asha Nakityo, 22 Masitula Namboozo, 23 Christine Akello.