- Central Region Women’s Championship – Title Decider
- 2 p.m.: Black Pearls vs Thunderbirds
- Kings Park Stadium, Bweyogerere
Two points separate Black Pearls and Thunderbirds at the top of the Central Region Women’s Championship table going into the final matchday.
Should they avoid defeat, Black Pearls will have completed a flawless season in which they attempt to defend the title they won last year. Thunderbirds on the other hand need nothing short of victory this afternoon to regain top spot in this country. Their only loss this season was against the leaders at home in the first round.
Unlike in that match when coaches Helen Buteme and Bashir Malalu were filling gaps, Black Pearls have, this time, assembled their pack in more familiar positions. Lydia Namabiro combines with Hellen Acanit in the second row which should provide more stability in the scrummage.
Black Pearls Squad:
- Starting: 1 Christine Kokoi, Jenipher Musanabera, 3 Peace Mirembe, 4 Hellen Acanit, 5 Lydia Nambiro, 6 Mercy Kidini, 7 Emmanuella Oroma, 8 Suzan Adong (co-captain), 9 Charlotte Thereza Mudoola, 10 Helen Koyokoyo Buteme, 11 Ritta Nadunga (co-captain), 12 Bushira Namutebi, 13 Grace Auma, 14 Emilly Lekuru, 15 Racheal Mufuwa.
- Substitutes: 16 Yvonne Evelyne Namatovu, 17 Mercy Agenorwot Onen, 18 Leona Acen, 19 Christine Robin Alinaitwe, 20 Allison Wabule Wanda, 21 Faith Bahati Museme, 22 Nancy Akwero.
Thunderbirds dominated that set piece in the first round but Black Pearls still found a way to bring their backs in the game. To combat the quick breakaway, coach Kigongo Ssebalamu has shifted hooker Yvonne Najjuma to the backrow where she will partner with Asha Nakityo to keep the halfbacks in check.
- Starting: 1 Anek Patricia, 2 Christine Nuwagaba, 3 Aaliya Adania, 4 Charity Atimango, 5 Winnie Atyang, 6 Sharon Anena, 7 Yvonne Najjuma, 8 Asha Nakityo, 9 Sarah Nakafeero, 10, Mary Jean Odoi, 11 Fatuma Anyume, 12 Mercy Lakot, 13 Trusty Angeyo, 14 Agnes Nakuya, 15 Sandra Lona Amoli.
- Substitutes: 16 Gladys Apai, 17 Linda Mwogeza, 18 Collins Agenorwot, 19 Mary Atim, 20 Phyllis Apio, 21 Sandra Kagyesera, 22 Brenda Ayiorwoth, 23 Irene Nzige.
Kickoff is at 2 p.m. EAT at Kings Park Stadium.