Uganda Premier League:
- Mbarara City 1-0 Onduparaka
Mbarara City Football Club registered a crucial 1-0 win against visiting Onduparaka at the Kakyeeka Stadium in Mbarara on Wednesday.
During the only game on the day, Nigerian import Emmanuel Iben Obinna converted a well taken penalty in the 29th minute to give Samuel Kawalya maximum points ahead of the final match day.
Earlier, the visitors had created the better chance when captain Rashid Toha’s early free-kick from 25 yards was pushed out by goalkeeper Muhammed Ssekebba for a corner kick after five minutes.
On 10 minutes, Toha neared turned villain when he mis-kicked a cross from the right by Brian Ahebwa but Obinna’s first touch was a disappointment.
Obinna made quick amends when he scored Mbarara City’s opener from a well taken penalty, his fourth goal from the spot.
Onduparaka players bitterly protested the penalty decision awarded by referee Muzamiru Waiswa as the home side led the game by close of business of the first 45 minutes.
South Sudanese import Makeuth Wol missed a glaring chance inside the goal area four minutes into the second half.
Ten minutes into the second stanza, Clinton Kamugisha replaced the hardworking striker Brian Aheebwa for Mbarara City’s first change.
On the hour mark, Onduparaka called for the first change.. Rajab Kakooza was introduced for Faizul Ibrahim Anini.
Three minutes later, tried and Owen Kasule replaced the hard working Wol for Mbarara City.
With the last twenty minutes of the game, Onduparaka called for a double change.
John Wesley Kisakye and Gadafi Gadinho replaced teenager Jamal Malish and Moses Ndawula respectively.
On 80 minutes, Muhammed Hassan nearly headed home Onduparaka’s equalizer but his brushed attempt off Gadihno’s perfectly chipped free-kick missed target by inches.
There was chaos towards the end of the match as Onduparaka fans who had accessed the perimeter fencing started fighting but calmness was restored five minutes later.
This was Mbarara City’s 6th win of the season, which puts them 32 points and a little bit safe from relegation.
Onduparaka suffered 8th loss of the season which leaves them fourth on the 16 team log with 45 points from 29 matches.
Team Line Ups:
Mbarara City XI:
Muhammed Ssekebba (G.K), Stephen Othieno, Jasper Ahebwa, Asuman Alishe, Hillary Mukundane, Pistis Barenge, Bebe Swalik Ssegujja, Ibrahim Oriti, Emmanuel Obinna, Brian Ahebwa (56’ Clinton Kamugisha), Makueth Wol (62′ Owen Kasule)
Subs Not Used:
Ali Kimera (G.K), Sam Kansiime, Ainamani, Simon, Eddie Mubiru
Nicholas Ssebwato (G.K), Aggrey Kirya, Rashid Okocha, Rashid Toha, Rashid Muhammed, Ivan Mbowa, Faizul Anini (62’ Kakooza), Moses Ndawula, Viane Ssekajugo, Ezra Bidda, Malish Jamal (62’ John Kisakye Wesley)
Subs Not Used:
Richard Anyama (G.K), Muhammed Rashid, Oscar
- Center Referee: Muzamiru “Kineke” Waiswa
- 1st Assistant Referee: Sam Kakembo
- 2nd Assistant Referee: Richard Mugerwa
- Fourth official: Shamirah “Keko” Nabadda
Friday, 11th May 2018:
- Express Vs SC Villa Jogoo – Wankulukuku Stadium
- BUL Vs Bright Stars – Kakindu Stadium, Jinja
- UPDF Vs Soana – Bombo Military Barracks Stadium
- Maroons Vs Police – Luzira Prisons Stadium
Saturday, 19th May 2018:
- Bright Stars Vs KCCA – Champions Stadium, Mwererwe
Monday, 21st May 2018:
- Proline Vs SC Villa Jogoo – Star Times Stadium, Lugogo
Tuesday, 22nd May 2018:
- Vipers Vs Express -St Mary’s Kitende
- KCCA Vs BUL – Star Times Stadium, Lugogo
Friday, 25th May 2018 (All Matches kick off at 4:00 pm)
- Soana Vs Maroons – Kavumba Recreation Centre
- Mbarara City Vs Kirinya-Jinja S.S – Kakyeeka Stadium, Mbarara
- Proline Vs URA – Star Times Stadium, Lugogo
- Police Vs KCCA – Mandela National Stadium, Namboole
- SC Villa Jogoo Vs BUL – Masaka Recreation Ground
- Onduparaka Vs Bright Stars – Green Light Stadium, Arua
- Vipers Vs UPDF – St Mary’s Stadium, Kitende