Midfielder Ibrahim “Tiger” Orit has signed a three-year contract at the reigning Uganda Premier League champions Vipers SC.
The 22-year-old offensive midfielder often deployed as a winger on either flank joins the Venoms as a free agent.
This follows the expiration of his employment contract at Mbarara City.
I am happy to be here as it has always been my dream to feature for this competitive club and when the coach called to express his interest, it wasn’t a hard decision to makeIbrahim Orit.
Having spent three seasons at Mbarara City following his transfer from Soroti Garage, Orit has steadily established himself as a good winger.
At Vipers, he joins former clubmate at Mbarara City, Paul Mucureezi who joined in January 2020.
Orit is a good ballplayer who commits opponents and space in equal measure with fancy footwork, dribbles, and good ball distribution.
Alongside former Express captain, Dissan Galiwango, the duo is the first pair of signings for Fred Kajoba Kisitu this summer.
Vipers will represent Uganda at next season’s CAF Champions League.
- Full Names: Ibrahim Orit
- Nick-name: Tiger
- Date of Birth: 28th July 1998
- Place of Birth: Soroti Hospital
- Parents: Abdul Orit and Amina Orit (Both Deceased)
- Role Models: Emmanuel Okwi & Cristiano Ronaldo
- Favorite Dish: Maize Flour & Small Fish (Mukene) with Baimi
- Education: Aloet Primary School, Soroti (P1-P7)
- Football Career: Odudwi FC (Fourth Division), Soroti Garage (Fourth Division), Junior Eagles (Third Division), Future Stars (North East Region), Mbarara City (Uganda Premier League – 2017 to 2020)
- Strong Foot: Right
- Key weapons: Ball control, passing, dribbling and shooting